Statement regarding COVID-19
If you need care, learn more about our infection control measures, screening, testing and visitation to keep you safe during this unprecedented time. Click here for more information.
ProMedica Senior Care COVID-19
The specific COVID-19 information reflects patients or residents with confirmed positive tests as of the date indicated on the report. A positive test does not necessarily mean that a patient is displaying symptoms. The data is constantly changing but is the best information available as of the date noted. This data is being shared with public health officials and, in combination with other resources, is being used to inform public health decisions.
Standard Response Clinical Measures and Monitoring
Standard response clinical measures and monitoring plan is in effect in our centers and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. These measures include but are not limited to:
- Following COVID-19 admission guidelines for patient placement, precautions and testing criteria.
- Following contract service provider guidelines for all contract service providers. Testing is completed per CMS requirements and designated county positivity rate.
- Following testing matrix for testing of facility employees, non facility-based health care workers, essential caregivers, contracted service providers.
- Following universal masking and eye protection for all facility employees, non-facility-based health care workers, essential caregivers, contracted service providers and visitors.
- Following patient and resident visitation guidelines.
- Short-leaves of absence may be granted for COVID-19 recovered patients during their first three months post-recovery unless otherwise contraindicated or authorized by local/state/federal laws/guidelines.
- Minimum daily temperature checks on all facility employees, patients/residents, non facility-based health care workers, and authorized essential non-clinical caregivers and contract service providers.
Enhanced Measures and Monitoring
Enhanced measures and monitoring become effective when any employee presents with a positive COVID-19 antigen test or RT-PCR OR a patient/resident tests positive AND was not previously being cared for in transmission based (airborne-droplet) precautions prior to testing. Measures include but are not limited to:
- All standard COVID-19 clinical measures and monitoring interventions for admissions guidelines and contract service provider guidelines.
- Testing is completed per CMS requirements and designated county positivity rate.
- Activation of COVID-19 airborne Isolation Unit (CAIU) if indicated.
- Non-critical provider restrictions such as primary medical providers and medical consultants will be instructed to utilize telemedicine for medically necessary visits for patients with confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Minimum of twice daily temperature checks upon entrance and exit of facility for all employees.
- Minimum every shift temperature and respiratory assessment on all patients and residents.
- Minimum of daily symptom monitoring on all employees and patients/residents.
County positivity rate:
Green = low rate (< 5%) = minimum testing frequency is monthly
Yellow = medium rate (5 – 10%) = minimum testing is weekly*
Red = high rate (> 10%) = minimum testing is twice
Looking For More Information?
Visit Our Health & Wellness Resources Page To Browse Relevant TopicsHealth & Wellness Resources
Join Our Team
Every team member makes a difference at ProMedica Senior Care. Late nights. Early mornings. Our results don't always conform to a set schedule. The lives we touch, the change we inspire, the independence we create—our work is just as critical as the ER. And it all begins with our patients in mind.View Our Careers Site